AMC’s Best Christmas Ever in NYC Sweepstakes
To enter AMC’s Best Christmas Ever in NYC Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes"), you must agree to and abide by these official rules ("Official Rules").
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
WINNER AND GUEST MUST AGREE TO A BACKGROUND CHECK AND BE ABLE TO TRAVEL FROM DECEMBER 18 - 21, 2023 FOR PRIZE TRIP; IF WINNER IS UNAVAILABLE ON SUCH DATES, THE PRIZE WILL BE FORFEITED.
- SPONSOR: AMC Network Entertainment LLC ("Sponsor"), 11 Penn Plaza, New York, NY 10001.
- ADMINISTRATOR: Probability, LLC ("Administrator"), 2 Woodstock Meadows Ln, PO Box 1484, Woodstock, NY 12498.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to persons who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or Washington, D.C. who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age, at time of entry. Any individuals (including but not limited to employees, consultants, independent contractors, and interns) who have, within the past six (6) months, performed services for Sponsor, Administrator, Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution ("Warner Bros."), any organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering the Sweepstakes or supplying the prizes (or any component thereof), and/or each of their respective parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, as well as any persons involved in the creation, development or production (including cast and crew) of Elf ("Film") (collectively, "Sweepstakes Entities"), and immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year, whether related or not. Potential winners must provide proof of U.S. residency upon request prior to prize award. Void in Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, outside the U.S., and wherever else prohibited by law.
Entrants may not have been convicted of a felony or a crime of moral turpitude. By entering, each Sweepstakes entrant ("Entrant") understands and agrees that, if selected as a potential winner, they (and their guest) will be required to consent to a background check to verify eligibility; and, failure to sign such consents and authorizations and/or to furnish all required information will result in disqualification. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify a potential Winner if the results of such background check reveal that such potential Winner is not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes or has been convicted of a felony or a crime of moral turpitude, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins at 09:00:00 AM Eastern Time ("ET"), Tuesday, November 7, 2023 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET, Tuesday, November 28, 2023 ("Sweepstakes Period"). For purposes of these Official Rules, all times are Eastern Time. Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY: Navigate the internet to https://amcelfsweepstakes.com ("Website"). To enter, complete the Sweepstakes entry form by providing your full name, phone number (where you can be reached on or around November 29, 2023, if selected as a potential prize winner as per Section 7 below) and email address. To submit your entry, click the "Enter" button on the Website. Proof of inputting information at the Website is not considered proof of delivery to or receipt by Sponsor or Administrator. Receipt of entry may be acknowledged but such acknowledgment does not constitute a representation by Sponsor or Administrator as to eligibility of entry and is not otherwise binding upon Sponsor or Administrator.
Carefully read the Official Rules, then click the check box signifying that you have read, fully understand and agree to these Official Rules.
IF YOU DO NOT CHECK THE BOX INDICATING YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE OFFICIAL RULES YOU WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR WIN THE PRIZE.
Limit one (1) entry per person, per day, during the Sweepstakes Period regardless of the number of email addresses or accounts a person may have. For the purposes of this Sweepstakes, a "day" is defined as beginning at 12:00:00 AM (midnight) ET and ending at the following 11:59:59 PM ET (except for the first day of the Sweepstakes Period [11/7/23], which begins at 9:00:00 AM ET and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET). Multiple entries in excess of this limitation or mass entry attempts may result in disqualification of all entries by such person or e-mail address and may constitute tampering. Entries must be manually key-stroked by the entrant; use of automated entry devices or programs, or entries by third parties, are prohibited. Incomplete entries will be disqualified.
- RANDOM DRAWING/SELECTION OF WINNERS/ODDS: Potential Winners (as defined in Section 8) will be selected from among all eligible entries received in a random drawing. The drawing will take place on or around Wednesday, November 29, 2023. The drawing will be conducted by Administrator. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential Winners will be notified via telephone and email on Wednesday, November 29, 2023 beginning on or about 1:00 PM ET. It is the potential Winner’s sole responsibility to make themself available at such time at the provided phone number. Administrator will make only one (1) attempt to contact each potential Winner via phone and will not leave a message on potential Winner’s phone or with another person; if a potential Winner does not answer the telephone call during Administrator’s initial (and only) attempt, or return the telephone call or email within twenty-four (24) hours thereof, potential Winner will be disqualified without compensation of any kind. By entering the Sweepstakes, you expressly agree to be bound by the Winner notification procedure set forth herein this Section 7 and acknowledge that Sponsor and Administrator will make commercially reasonable efforts to contact potential Winners. Sponsor and Administrator disclaim any and all liability in conjunction with the implementation of the winner notification procedure.
IF ADMINISTRATOR IS SUCCESSFUL IN CONTACTING POTENTIAL WINNER: Potential winner must accept the prize and complete, sign and return within three (3) business days of notification (or such shorter period of time as indicated thereon) an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, Indemnification and Non-Disclosure Agreement, a Publicity Release where allowed by law, the necessary paperwork for a background check, as well as other documents that Sponsor/Administrator may require (collectively, "Prize Claim Documents"). Failure to return the completed and signed Prize Claim Documents within the indicated time period will result in disqualification, prize forfeiture and selection of an alternate potential Winner from among all remaining eligible entries received (time permitting).
In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any entrant, the entry will be deemed submitted by the natural person who is the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address reflected in the corresponding entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES: FIVE (5) GRAND PRIZES ("Prize(s)"): Each winner (a "Winner" and collectively, "Winners") will receive a 4-day/3-night trip for themself and one (1) guest (who must be 21 years of age or older) to New York, NY ("NYC"), which may include a curated holiday tour (as decided in Sponsor’s sole discretion) (the "Trip"). Trip scheduled to take place December 18 – 21, 2023. Subject to change in Sponsor’s sole discretion, the Trip includes: roundtrip economy air travel from major commercial airport near winner’s residence to a NYC area airport (airports are of Sponsor’s sole choosing; flights may not be direct); three (3) nights’ hotel accommodations (one standard room, double occupancy, room and tax only; Winners and guests will be solely responsible for any incidentals, including any fees incurred for damages) at a NYC hotel (as selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion); a holiday tour as curated by Sponsor or its designated representative ("Tour") on December 19, 2023; round-trip ground transportation to and from NYC airport, hotel and Tour. Total ARV of each prize is $4,500.00.
Total ARV of all prizes is $22,500.00.
If Winner is unable to take Trip between December 18 and 21, 2023, Prize will be forfeited in its entirety and Prize will be provided to an alternate as per Section 7 above, provided sufficient time remains.
If Winner chooses to accept the Prize without a guest (or if guest does not return Release of Liability/Publicity Release and the necessary paperwork for a background check, as discussed below), Winner will only receive Prize in increments appropriate for their self and no substitute prize or compensation will be awarded.
Winner and guest understand and agree that Tour will include the other winners and their guests and may also include persons other than Sweepstakes winners and guests (including but not limited to representatives of Sponsor and/or Warner Bros.). It is the sole responsibility of Winner and guest to arrive at the Tour pick-up and drop-off points at the designated times; should Winner/guest fail to do so, they will be solely responsible for travel to (or from) pick-up and/or drop-off points, as applicable. Some elements of the Tour may not be accessible for persons with certain disabilities; for example, not all Tour locations may be wheelchair-accessible, and Tour may involve a significant amount of walking. Sponsor will use best efforts to accommodate any disabilities which Sponsor and/or Administrator are made aware of prior to the Trip. Meals are not included as part of the Tour or Prize.
Winner and guest must follow all instructions of Sponsor and its agents or designees for the Trip and attendance at the Tour and, should Winner and/or guest fail to adhere to such instructions or engage in illegal, unruly, obnoxious, harmful, disruptive or otherwise inappropriate behavior (as determined by Sponsor or Tour operator in their sole discretion) ("Inappropriate Behavior"), Sponsor reserves the right, without further notice or warning, to remove Winner and/or guest from Tour, or terminate the Trip altogether and/or take other actions as Sponsor deems appropriate in its sole discretion so as to protect its rights, without liability or other obligation to Winner and/or guest. Without limiting the foregoing, Winner and guest must comply with the Sponsor’s (and their agents or designees’) rules and regulations during location visit(s) which may include, by way of example, agreeing to a search of their person and property, refraining from recording location visit, silencing mobile devices while at location visit. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of the Prize (again, without liability or other obligation to Winner and/or guest). For the safety of others on the Trip, if a Potential Winner was previously removed from another of Sponsor’s events and/or sweepstakes due to Inappropriate Behavior, Sponsor may disqualify said Potential Winner in their sole and final discretion.
In the event the Winner is able to take the Trip, but the Tour does not or cannot take place as scheduled or at all, for reasons including but not limited to inclement weather, cancellations, postponement, location changes, security considerations, an event of force majeure, or for any other reason, then Sponsor reserves the right to award an alternate prize of comparable value (i.e., 4-day/3-night trip to New York, NY).
Guest of Winner must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older, and must execute a Release of Liability/Release of Publicity and the necessary paperwork for a background check prior to travel.
Sponsor reserves the right to condition award of Prize upon the results of a background check on Winner and their guest. Winner and guest, agree to fully cooperate in the conduct of such background check, timely providing any additional materials, information and consents requested by Sponsor or Administrator, with the understanding that Sponsor may refrain from awarding the Prize (or, allowing guest to accompany Prize Winner on the Trip, as the case may be) without liability of any kind if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that the past conduct of the Winner and/or guest would disparage or adversely affect the goodwill and business reputation of Sponsor and/or its products. Winner and their guest further understand and agree that any decision by Sponsor as to the results of a background check is final and binding.
Winner and guest must at all times during the Trip (i) act in an appropriate, well-behaved and respectful manner (as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion) and (ii) abide by all federal, state and local laws and regulations. In addition, Winner and guest must follow all safety and other instructions, including but not limited to any laws/regulations or policies of the United States, New York and Tour locations designed to prevent the spread of COVID-19/Coronavirus; such as, mask-wearing, social distancing, providing proof of negative COVID-19/Coronavirus test and/or vaccination against COVID-19/Coronavirus; as well as any mandatory quarantine should winner and guest contract COVID-19/Coronavirus during the Trip.
Winner and their guest must travel together on specified itinerary, set by Sponsor, including same departure date, destination and return date or Prize may be forfeited in its entirety. Accommodations and travel are for up to two (2) persons sharing one (1) accommodation only. No additional guests are permitted to attend the Tour or stay in the accommodations booked by Sponsor and/or Administrator. Winner and guest will not receive frequent flier miles, award points or other prerequisites in conjunction with Prize travel. Trip is non-transferable and cannot be extended beyond the valid date. Winner and guest assume the risk of any inherent or unforeseen dangers associated with travel.
Winner and guest further understand and agree that Sponsor has not obtained insurance of any kind for them relative to acceptance/use of the prize. Actual final value of trip may be higher or lower based on point of departure and ticket and hotel availability and cost at time of purchase. Each Winner is solely responsible for all other expenses not specified herein, including but not limited to meals, beverages, tips, taxes, airline baggage fees, and hotel incidentals (including fees incurred for any damages), and souvenirs. All travel dates and arrangements (including Tour locations) are subject to change, availability and Sponsor’s approval. Sponsor is not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay. Winner and guest are solely responsible for obtaining any necessary documentation and fulfilling any necessary travel requirements prior to travel. In addition, Winners may be required to present a valid credit card at the hotel at the time of check-in. Winners and guests must provide own transportation to and from departure airport.
Limit one (1) prize per family/address/household. All taxes and any other expenses not specifically included in the Prize description are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner. Winners will receive a 1099 tax form reflecting the actual retail value of their Prize. Winners must furnish their social security number where requested on the Prize Claim Documents. Winners further agree to otherwise fully cooperate with the Sponsor/Administrator as to their compliance with governmental tax-reporting requirements. Prizes are not redeemable for cash or transferable. No substitutions allowed, except as set forth in these Official Rules and at Sponsor’s sole discretion, a Prize/Prize element of comparable or equal value will be provided. Prize must be accepted as awarded. If any element of prize is unused by Winner, no compensation or substitute prize will be awarded, and Sponsor and Administrator disclaim any and all liability in conjunction therewith. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes promotional materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail and govern.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities, as well as each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives and each of their respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, "Released Parties") from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity or travel, and/or acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of the Prize. By entering, entrants also authorize the Sponsor and its designees to use their name, voice, likeness, social media handles, photograph, Prize information (if applicable), biographical data and city/state of residence in programming, advertising and/or promotional material or on a Winners’ list (if applicable) without compensation to the extent permitted by law. Sponsor is not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sponsor's sole discretion, without obligation or compensation. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All entries become the property of the Sponsor.
Entrants acknowledge that, if selected as Winners, they may have access to, or directly or indirectly be exposed to, information of a proprietary and confidential nature about Sponsor and its related businesses, operations and/or plans. Entrants shall keep confidential and not disclose any such information or the contents of any correspondence between Entrants and Sponsor (or Administrator on Sponsor’s behalf) to any third party. Entrants further agree that they will not disparage or otherwise comment negatively about Sponsor, Administrator, and/or Warner Bros., their officers and management, the Trip and Prize, and/or the Film.
Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, or for technical failures of any kind affecting the Sweepstakes in any manner, including but not limited to electronic malfunction or damage of any network, hardware or software. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures beyond Sponsor’s control that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes (including entries or otherwise), Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual, whether or not the individual is a participant in the Sweepstakes, who tampers with the entry process, and to terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct the Sweepstakes and award the Prizes by means of a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (as appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor or otherwise in a manner which is fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Notice of termination/modification/suspension of Sweepstakes will be posted to Sweepstakes Website. No responsibility is assumed for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or loss, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or the Website or electronic entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website/platform, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to any person's computer/mobile device related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials from this Sweepstakes. Failure of Sponsor or Administrator to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute the waiver of such provision.
Persons entering the Sweepstakes further agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Sweepstakes and/or prevent others from participating in the Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES VIOLATES CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSOR MAY DISQUALIFY ANY PERSON, WHETHER OR NOT THE INDIVIDUAL IS A PARTICIPANT IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
- GOVERNING LAW AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants, Sponsor or the Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other laws.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (A) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR THE AWARDING OF PRIZES, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (B) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (C) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (D) ENTRANTS’ REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- DISPUTES: Entrants agree that all disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in the State of New York and to the personal jurisdiction of such courts. Entrants further agree that any right of change of venue, forum non conveniens or the like shall be waived.
- WINNERS’ LIST: For the names of the Prize winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: AMC’s Best Christmas Ever in NYC Sweepstakes Winners, c/o Probability, PO Box 1559, Social Circle, GA 30025-1559. All such requests must be received by December 29, 2023.
©2023 AMC Network Entertainment LLC. All Rights Reserved.
©2023 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.